BLOG

Sleep Paralysis Causes

posted by CyFLY on September 2, 2014

Sleep Paralysis Causes

Sleep Paralysis Causes

 

Sleep paralysis causes – your body not smoothly moving through the sleep cycles. In many cultures over the centuries, sleep paralysis causes have been attributed to spiritual and evil explanations but there is a science behind it as well.

 

Sleep paralysis causes –  when hormones produced by the body to help you sleep (and paralyze you as well) do not wear off as you wake up. This means that you remain temporarily paralyzed but conscious. Sleep paralysis is caused at one of two times. If it occurs while you are falling asleep, it’s called hypnagogic or predormital sleep paralysis. If it happens as you are waking up, it’s called hypnopompic or postdormital sleep paralysis. It has always happened to me while I was waking up but that is just me.  Many people have sleep paralysis while napping which is a sign your body is not getting enough sleep and you are not on a consistent sleep pattern. Your body has systems within systems so your brain chemicals may be out of sync.

 

As many as four out of every ten people may have sleep paralysis. This common condition is often first noticed in the teen years (which is true for me). But men and women of any age and ethnicity can have it. Sleep paralysis may run in families but the bigger question is; many people in the population experience these conditions so why is it that only 40% of the population experience this phenomenon? What is so different about this 40% that the other 60% do not exhibit?

 

Factors that may be linked to sleep paralysis or more likely to experience it include:

  • a lack of sleep or sleep deprivation
  • sleep problems such as narcolepsy
  • a sleep schedule that changes,  irregular sleeping patterns – people with irregular schedules or who work shifts are more prone to sleep paralysis
  • mental conditions such as stress or bipolar disorder
  • sleeping on the back
  • substance abuse
  • use of certain medications
  • age – it is more common in teenagers and young adults
  • family history – you may be more likely to have sleep paralysis if another member of your family also has it; however, this is an area where further research is needed

 

Almost every culture throughout history has had stories of shadowy evil creatures that terrify helpless humans at night. People have long sought explanations for this mysterious sleep paralysis and the accompanying feelings of terror, which is why I thought writing a screenplay on this topic, would bring more light to this debatable subject.

 

This would be the unscientific explanation of Sleep Paralysis but I think we all should be open minded and consider it. I know that we are spiritual beings no matter if you believe in a religion or not but our pineal gland which is in our brains (also called the seat of the soul) has much to do with sleep paralysis. Speaking for myself I did have a lack of sleep and stress and my mother has experienced it making me more prone to it but there was also another factor. I am not here to try to convert beliefs but again I was living a sinful life and I think that had to do with my experiences of feeling and hallucinating demonic entities, it was a reflection of my subconscious mind manifesting which was not free of sin. I feel like this subject needs more attention scientifically and spiritually and from this film about it titled Aimless; maybe we can learn more about human potential and the mind itself. Everyone is different so I always tell people to analyze their own behavior and attitudes to figure out the causes. Everyone is going to have a different solutions, so what sets off sleep paralysis for you may be different for another. No one knows your life better than you so be honest with yourself analyzing your lifestyle and maybe you can determine the cause of sleep paralysis and come up with your own way to prevent it.

 

Any sleep paralysis causes you can think of that was not listed above?

 

CyFLY

http://www.facebook.com/SleepParalysis

 

 

Leave a Reply

  • Special Offers

  • Facebook.com/SleepParalysis

  • #SleepParalysis

  • Sleep Paralysis Happens to 25% of the Population

  • Tags

  • Aimless Merchandise

    Your cart is empty
  • Donate

    Donations help us with marketing, fundraising and upkeeping the website.. You will be Publicly Recognized... thank you!

  • Translate to:

    Website Translation GTS Translation

  • Meta